Sunday, December 27, 2009

Progress and goals

I got to sew on Saturday because I have no car at the moment and couldn't go after Christmas shopping. Hopefully, the car will go in the shop tomorrow to be fixed. I do not handle not having wheels very well.


I got half of the red & white snowball quilt together. I am doing the partial blocks but not in the way the book says to add them. I didn't want to do the long seams on the sides to add the partial blocks, so I am adding them to each row. I have the last five rows ready to have the seams ironed so they can be added to the first half.


My goal is to have this completed by New Year's Day.

I picked up a cross stitch piece that I haven't touched in almost 5 months. I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere on it, so I set it aside. I stitched on it yesterday and today and now feel like it is moving, at least on this page. I am stitching this over one on 25 ct Lugana.





This is what it will look like. The design is by The Silver Lining and is called Best Buds.


2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! That is going to be one gorgeous quilt! I love the dimension that the scrappy fabrics lend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the border works on this pattern. I too, would add them as I went along. That's the beauty of a pieced border. Your x stitch is lovely, I have one that needs to be revived in 2010, too many projects, not enough free time! I came by your blog via Sisters Choice :-)

    ReplyDelete