Saturday, September 4, 2010

What's going on

I am finally able to post again, and wanted to show what has been going on.

I got to pick up my quilt last Saturday, but we had one of the nephews, so I didn't get to play with it. I finally got to put the binding on yesterday. This is still my favorite quilt that I have made. I love the colors, pattern, and now the quilting. It was quilted entirely freehand, with feathers in the center, following the nine patches at the border. It then has leaves in the setting triangles and the cream part of the border. The black part of the border was done with echo quilting. I can't get a picture that does it justice. The backing I had bought almost two years ago at a local shop, because I had to have it and she said she couldn't get it anymore. When I was piecing this quilt, it hit me that I had this and knew nothing else would fit as well.















I also got my Bee's Garden Thread Roll Stitched and Finished. This is the first finishing work of this kind that I have done, and it wasn't bad. From start to finish this was done all by hand. I did modify it to also work as a needlekeep by adding a piece of wool felt. Now I just need to stitch a fob to go on a pair of scissors, and I will be ready to stitch anywhere I go.














Thanks for letting me share.

1 comment:

  1. It's easy to see why this quilt is your favorite, it is just lovely!! The quilting sounds absolutely amazing, just what your top deserved.

    ReplyDelete